Friday, August 22, 2008

Foodie Friday


I decided that every Friday I will try to come up with some sort of food post. We shall see how it goes on future Fridays, but I have one all ready for today.


This is a snack/small meal that was born out of necessity. #1) I was hungry. #2) We had left the tomoato mix left over. #3) We needed to use the pitas that had been in the fridge (for an undisclosed amount of time.) And viola, a yummy treat was born.


As I said, the tomato mix was left over. I had made up a BLT pizza (I will post that one another time) and didn't quite use all of the tomatoes. In the tomato mix you start with tomatoes (brilliant, I know). I used cherry tomatoes (only fitting for this blog, wouldn't you say?) that I had quartered. I then added a bunch of sliced green onions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. This mix had been sitting in the fridge for a few days so the flavors were melded together nicely. (Good word, melded, huh?)

I quartered pitas into triangles, split them into two halves, sprayed them with olive oil (isn't spray olive oil the best?), sprinkled them with salt, and baked them in the toaster oven until they were slightly brown and hardened.

This was so good I didn't even wait for M to come up stairs before eating. When he came up he was wondering were the pita chips were that I had made. At least there were a few left for him. Maybe I will have to make it again and share next time.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm totally going to do this for our next book club - can't wait for the next foodie friday.