Tuesday, August 19, 2008

With Cream

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I love coffee. I will take it in any form, but I have really developed a taste for good, strong coffee with a slosh of cream. This means that I often will stop at Starbucks, Dunn Bros., or Caribou in the morning. Nothing makes for a better morning than a cup of steaming coffee in the hand. Lately I have had a bit of a problem getting my ultimate order across at the drive-thru. I don't know if it is my enunciation, the speaker, or the background noise, but I can't seem to get the cream included in my order. The other day the barista thought that I said I wanted a venti half-caf with green tea. (I had said "Venti half-caf with cream, please.") Luckily she questioned such an odd order and we got it all straightened out. On the next trip through I got whipped cream on top instead of regular cream mixed in. Now, I like my whipped cream just as much as the next gal, but not on top of a regular coffee. In order to get it correct today, I went into the Starbucks. That way I could just say, "Please leave room for cream," directly without interference from anyone or anything.
Any suggestions for getting the point across without having to go in?

2 comments:

Emily said...

LOL at Venti half-caf with green tea. Although, maybe you should order that next time just to see what they actually give you. It could be your new daily game...

Kristi said...

Maybe we just invented a new game. Order whapatoolies (sp?) at Starbucks and see what you get. Could be worth it just to see their reaction.