Saturday, September 6, 2008

Belated Foodie Friday: Ice Cream Topping




I was so excited about my pumpkin latte yesterday that I forgot about my Foodie Friday post. I even had this one all ready to go. So, one day late, but so worth trying. Without further ado, I present to you an at home Magic Shell ice cream topping.


Melt about a tablespoon of butter (this helps to make it harden when put on the ice cream), half a cup of chocolate chips, and a few tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave. (Make sure to stir frequently so as not to burn the chocolate.) Once the mixture is melted, stir in a few tablespoons of oat meal. (My friend who told me about this treat said that the oatmeal makes it healthy. :o) Spoon onto your favorite ice cream and enjoy.


M and I have been enjoying this with a gallon of vanilla ice cream. This pictures were taken last weekend when my sister and husband were here; She scooped the ice cream while M snapped the photos.

1 comment:

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Yum--this sounds delicious!!