Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ID Please

So, remember that M and I had to get new driver's licenses? After our second trip to the DMV we both passed the written exam. (I scored higher than M. :o) And applied for our licenses. Unfortunately, our state is one of the few that still take 4 - 6 weeks to make your hard copy and mail it to you. A few weeks ago, we received our awaited mail from the DMV. At first glance I thought all was good. On closer inspection, however, I realized that mine had my maiden name. I checked out the copy of the paper work that I had and to my relief, found that the mistake wasn't mine. I called the 800 number on the paper work and after getting a busy signal for 15 minutes, and being put on hold when I finally got through, I spoke with a representative. She had to pull up my records which took another chunk of time. Once back on, she admit that it was their fault and she apologized for the mistake. Now I am waiting another 4 - 6 weeks for my driver's license with my married name. I am just hoping that this doesn't pose any problems when I go to vote next Tuesday.

No comments: