Friday, May 1, 2009

Foodie Friday: Buffalo Chicken Soup


If you haven't guessed by now, I really like making buffalo chicken recipes. (See here and here.) When I got this recipe emailed to me through the Better Homes and Gardens daily recipe, I knew I would have to try it. And we were sure glad that we did!

Ingredients:
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
-2 T butter
-1/2 c. finely chopped celery
-1/2 c. chopped onions
-28 oz. chicken broth
-1 1/2 c. milk
-1 t. hot pepper sauce
-1 1/2 c. mozzarella
-1 1/4 c. crumbled blue cheese
-1/2 c. Parmesan
-1/3 c. flour

Melt butter in large pan. Add onion and celery and cook until tender. Stir in broth, milk, and 1 t. hot pepper sauce. Slowly whisk in flour until blended. Slowly add cheeses and mix well. Add chopped chicken and heat through.

No comments: