Friday, May 22, 2009

Foodie Friday: Chicken BLT Flatbread Sandwiches

After seeing the flatbread sandwiches over at Creating Post-It Notes I thought, "I can do that." So, the next time I made pizza, I made a double recipe of dough and saved half of it for flotbreads. Then Little Peachy happened and there sat the dough in the fridge. I finally got them made this week and will pass the recipe along to you.Start with my basic bread dough recipe. I made rolled this into four flatbreads, but they ended up rather thick. I think that next time I will make them into at least 6 flatbreads. I cooked each flatbread on my panini press for about 10-15 minutes. (Until they looked done.)

Chicken Mix

-1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
-1 medium tomato, chopped
-5 slices of bacon, chopped
-ranch dressing
-shredded lettuce

Mix first four ingredients together. (I think that next time I will also add some onion and salt for extra flavor.) Cut flatbreads in half and use a knife to make a pocket in the bread. Stuff with lettuce and chicken mix.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product. I forgot again. But here are the two main parts. It continues to amaze me how scatter-brained I am these days. Must be that I have more important things on my mind.

No comments: