Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bitter Sweet


This weekend my whole family gathered together at my parent's house. While it was great to be together, it was a bit sad as well. We were meeting up one last time before my sisters start new adventures in their lives. My older sister and her husband will be leaving for Japan in about a week and my younger sister is headed to Ecuador. I know that we will be together again, but it is hard to think of how much distance will be separating us. Until now we could easily get together over a weekend. Now it will even be tricky figuring out when we can talk on the phone.

I keep reminding myself of the Bible passage, "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'Plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

The Lord has plans for you, my sisters. We love you and will miss you.

No comments: