Friday, September 25, 2009

Foodie Friday: MckAroons


A while back I tackled these macaroon cookies from the My Charming Kids blog. I don't know why I like macaroons as I don't really care for coconut, but I do. This was a simple and easy recipe for them as well. Unfortunately I botched the chocolate melting, but they were still good.
Ingredients:
14 oz bag of sweetened coconut flakes
6 T flour
1/4 t salt
1 t almond extract
4 egg whites
3 c chocolate chips
3 T heavy whipping cream
Directions:
Mix first six ingredients together in a bowl. Drop by rounded spoonful onto greased and floured cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for about 20 minutes or until macaroons are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Put the chocolate chips and whipping cream in a double boiler. (I just tried to melt them together in a saucepan and think that is where I went wrong.) Stir often until smooth and melted. Once the macaroons are cool, dip int he chocolate mixture and let harden on waxed paper.

No comments: