Wednesday, November 4, 2009

C-Y-O: Fall Votive Holders


Do you blog surf? When I am in a lazy mood, I do. I start with some of the regular blogs I read and go to other blogs they link. It is amazing all of the great blogs out there. The only problem once I get there, is I often forget how I got there and then I have a hard time getting there again. I know that I got this idea from a blog somewhere out there. If you know what blog that is, please let me know. That way I can give credit where credit is due.

Once again, I used my Dollar Spot finds to create these fall votive holders. I had a difficult time finding candle holders to decorate, so I used a set of glasses instead. I then hot glued my Dollar Spot leaves onto the glasses and added some twigs. To finish it off I criss-crossed the entire thing with raffia. (The original idea had twine, but I didn't have any, so I used raffia instead.) I was able to make several sets with the glasses that I bought. I made one to send to my sister in Japan for a birthday gift. I kept one set for myself and shared the other two with my mother0in-law and sister-in-law.