Monday, December 14, 2009

Dare to DIY Blog Party with the NewlyWoodwards: Week 5 Dare to Deck the Halls

I really didn't create any new decorations for our home this year. I have kind of adopted a less-is-more approach to Christmas decorating. Kim's challenge this week had my wheels turning. Do I quickly create something for the challenge? (Nope, too many other projects going right now.) Do I skip this week? (Technically, I already skipped one week. I didn't want to miss out on another.) So, I am recycling an idea from last year.


I love to send and receive Christmas cards and letters. My mom has always hung each card and picture that they receive up in the house. I can remember seeing the cards in different locations in the different houses that we lived in. This is a tradition that I wanted to continue for myself. In the apartments that I have lived in, I simply used good old masking tape and hung them right up. Once we moved into our new house, I didn't want to mar the paint job by sticking and un-sticking tape. Last year I came up with this idea to display our cards without using tape.

I bought some decorative metal stars from JoAnn Fabrics and hot glued ribbons to their points. Using Command Hooks, I hung the stars from the wall. When we receive a card I use sticky tack to adhere it to the ribbons.




2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

ooo... I like this a lot. I think I remember this one. Love it.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have your table runner twin. ;o)