Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: Stuffed Pumpkins

Have you ever seen the blog Ucreate? Kari loves to create and loves to see what others create. She has an awesome feature on Ucreate called Create with Me.
Every month Kari picks a craft that we can all create together and share through her blog. How fun! This month's tutorial is for stuffed pumpkins from  Holly at Sunshine in my Soul.
The pumpkins are so cute and so easy to make, I just had to give it a try. I found some fun fabrics in my stash and went to work. Here is the finished result.
I went with a little more rustic feel using corduroy and a few other suiting materials that I had. I also decided to appliqué the word fall to the front of my pumpkins.
While I took these pictures on the deck, the pumpkins now adorn the ledge in our living room that looks down to the foyer. (This way you also get a sneak peak of the deck progress.)
I can't wait to see everyone else's creations!
The Girl Creative


Sumo Sweet Stuff
Photobucket

7 comments:

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Love these!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

Amy C said...

Very cute! I love that you spelled Fall on them! Also, I love your little 'about me' that you do dishes and laundry in your spare time! LOVE IT! :)

Kelley said...

Very cute! I really like how they turned out. My son has a story about a square pumpkin which he loves.... I have to make one of these. Thank you for sharing.

Have a great day!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Kristi - these are ADORABLE. Love the thicker suiting fabrics and the word. Just so fun! You are such a crafty little thing Where will you put them?

Rachel~At the Butterfly Ball said...

So cute!!! I need to make a few for our front porch!
~Rachel

Pam Emerson said...

Wow! Fabulous job! I'm thinking that using outdoor material and making them outdoor pumpkins would be awesome! :)

Becky said...

Nice! I like the applique!