Thursday, March 10, 2011

22 Months of Peachy

I love this little girl. I love the little person that she is turning into. Her personality is coming out more and more everyday. She is a little sponge right now soaking up all that is around her in the world. Her father and I are constantly amazed by what she knows and can do all on her own now. She has been working on going potty since Christmas, all self led. I think that the novelty is starting to wear off, however, since she has not been asking to go as much in the previous few weeks.
While we are still in the thick of winter here, she has started to talk about swimming all of a sudden. The other day she actually found her swim diapers, put them on, and proceeded to wear them around the house for the next few hours. I have told her that it is way to cold out to go swimming, so now she says, "Swimming? Cold 'side."

Her vocabulary is growing faster than I can keep up with it. She will say something that I don't quite understand but know that I should. I guess it is kind of like learning a foreign language. She is experimenting with stringing two and three words together, as well.
Peachy's imagination, one of my favorite traits in children, is emerging, too. The other day while I was doing the monthly grocery shopping, she was quite content to play that her waded up hat was Baby Jesus. I did have to stop her from sticking baby Jesus down my shirt a few times, but otherwise it was good harmless fun.
 I became the parent I never thought that I would be when I actually bought my less than two year old daughter an MP3 player. It is very toddler friendly and although you can plug in ear plugs we haven't gone that far yet. She loves music and this way she can listen to her own music without me having to turn on the tv to the music station or put in a cd for her. Her current favorites are "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Baa, Baa, Black Sheep and riding a motorcycle with flames? Going to Sturgins this summer?