Thursday, May 19, 2011

2 Year Old in the House!!

Two years ago Little Peachy entered our lives and made me a momma. Now we have a sweet, busy, smart, and lovable 2 year old living in our midst.
It is so hard to find the words to describe our Peachy. (I am sure that every parent has this challenge.) She is so complex and never ceases to amaze me. I love that she is now able to use her words so well to talk to us.

 Don't let the little package fool you, a 2 year old is an amazing creation. It seems as if her mind is growing every hour of everyday.

Here are some of the fin things that I want to remember about our Little Peachy girl.
She says, "Come here, Momma." In the cutest little voice that is so hard to deny when she wants me to do something with her.
And when her little voice says, "I love you," it melts my heart every time.

The last few months she has always requested that Mr. Cherry and I sing "Jesus Loves Me" before she goes to sleep. She has picked up the first two lines and walks around the house singing them.
She loves all things baby dolls, but is still a little shy around real babies.
She loves puppies. (I don't have the biggest love of dogs, but have worked hard at not passing this on to my daughter. Apparently I worked a little too hard.)
She love to be outside and has no fear of getting dirty.

She has a fascination with shoes. If we are ever near a shoe department, she starts to take her own shoes off so that she can try shoes on. And if there is ever a pile of shoes, as often happens at entryways, you can be sure to find her trying on the fanciest shoes available.

While she is always doing something, she has a great attention span and will sit and play with the same object for long periods of time.
Our little girl has always had a good appetite. She eats descent amounts of pretty much anything we give her. Lately she has a thing for lemons. She loves that they are sour and after sucking on the lemon slice for a while will eat it. She even dove into her aunt's water glass when we were eating out the other day to get herself a lemon.

Happy 2nd birthday, Peachy!! We love you so, so much and can't wait to see what your future years hold.

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Happy Birthday, Peachy! I love that her smile has totally been the same large grin since baby-hood! So darn cute!

(As an aside, hubby still has the exact same smile he had a baby. And it's really similar to Peachy's. Big, open mouth grin. Love it.)

Molly said...

Happy Birthday Peachy!!!!!!!!!!!