Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let the Nesting Begin

And so it begins. When a new baby is on the way, the parents go through many stages. The first is the pure joy of knowing that a new little life is growing and that new little life is going to be a part of your family. That is closely followed by the fun of sharing your surprise with those near and dear. And then comes the waiting period. That 40 week countdown can sometimes stretch on and on seemingly so far into the future that it may never come. And then one day it hits you. There is a baby that is coming to live in your house whether you are ready or not. All of a sudden that countdown doesn't seem all that long. In fact, it starts to feel as if it is coming faster than ever.
And that, my friends, is where I am right now. It hit me last Friday that I have many things that I would like to get done before the arrival of our little one. Some items relate to Little Cream and some are just a matter of getting them done before my time is consumed again by a newborn. Some are quite attainable and some just won't get crossed off of the list in the next 7 weeks.
And so this morning I found myself cleaning the kitchen and Peachy's room. Ironing the bedskirt for Peachy's bed. Thinking about what items we need to round up before Cream's arrival. All the while mentally adding and crossing off from the to-do list.
Yes, we have reached the nesting stage.

No comments: