Friday, September 16, 2011

Foodie Friday: Pizza in a Bowl

This recipe is adapted from a recipe I tore out of a recent Parent's Magazine. As per my usual, I adapted it to what I thought would taste good and what we had on hand. It was a yummy, easy, and healthy lunch.

Pizza in a Bowl
Ingredients:
-1/2 loaf french baguette
-1 c cherry tomatoes, halved (I also tossed in some pear tomatoes that we had.)
-1 med. banana pepper, sliced
-1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
-30 slices pepperoni, quartered (I used turkey pepperoni)
-8 oz. cherry sized fresh mozzarella
-2 T fresh basil, thinly sliced
-2 T olive oil
-1 T balsamic vinegar
-Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
1. Slice baguette in half. Toast in toaster oven on medium. Once toasted, slice into 1 inch pieces.
2. Roast tomatoes, pepper, and onion for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Toss half way through.
3. Toss everything into a bowl and serve.

No comments: