Friday, October 7, 2011

Foodie Friday: Cinnamon Snack Mix


When this recipe, from Alli N Son, popped up in my reader, I knew that I would have to give it a try. I love a good snack mix and nothing says fall like a recipe with cinnamon in the title. I consider it a success, being that the bowl is already gone. Thanks for the great recipe, Alli!

Cinnamon Snack Mix
Ingredients:

  • 5 cups honey graham cereal
  • 2 cups corn chex cereal (I used a honey chex)
  • 2 cups ramen noodles, crushed (this seemed like an unusual ingredient to me as well, but it adds a great crunchy texture to the mix)
  • 2 cup pretzels
  • 1 cup raisins, craisins or chocolate chips (I used Craisins)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Pinch nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • In a large bowl, mix together the honey graham cereal, chex cereal, ramen noodles and pretzels.
  • In a small bowl stir together the melted butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
  • Pour over the cereal mixture, and toss to coat.
  • Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet covered with tin foil.
  • Bake 10 minutes, stirring once. Cool and store in airtight container.

No comments: