Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Target = Happiness

Did you see the press Michelle Obama got last week for shopping at Target? While I don't get why that could be called a major news story, I do get the need to shop at Target. Target is my happy place. Our Target has double carts. (Unlike some stores!) Our Target has a Starbucks. (And really what can make a mommy of two happier than retail therapy with a side of caffeine?) Our Target recently added fresh groceries. (I love the convenience of one stop shopping and that is quite often why you would find me at the other place. You know, the blue one. This also makes Target a legitimate stop on my errands list, not just a fun place to visit.) There is just something about a Target that makes me feel happy and loved. I really think it is the layout and the displays, but maybe they pipe in some sort of addictive drug. I just don't know. I do know, however, that I totally get what Mrs. O was doing at her local Target. Just getting her fix of the double red rings.

1 comment:

KellyS said...

Personally love Target too. The blue store is way too busy for me, with a total of 2 double carts and very RUDE people. I avoid it as much as I can. I am happy that both Targets near me have fresh groceries, only one has Starbucks (and it happens to be the busier, less double cart one... oh well).

But I am right there with you, I prefer a one-stop shopping spree, especially now with three little ones under 3!