Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mommy Time

I used to be the kind of person who was always 5 minutes early. I felt that I was late if I arrived somewhere exactly on time. (I blame my father for this. He trained us very well growing up.) However, now that I have kids it seems that no matter how hard I try I cannot leave the house on time. No matter how hard I try I just can't get out the door in a timely manner. There are times I think that we will be leaving in time to arrive somewhere on schedule, but it seems that something always comes up to change that. Thankfully most of what I attend is designed for moms with kids and being on time is not expected. If I had a job outside of the home I would be in big trouble!
Recently we were going to meet some friends at the mall at 9:30. The morning was going so smoothly that I foolishly told myself we might not only be on time, we might actually be able to run another errand before going to the mall. This was even after changing Peachy's sheets due to a diaper leak. I was feeling like super mom at this point. I sat down to feed Miss Cream before heading out the door and she decided that it wasn't time to eat. No big deal, I would just pump and give her a bottle when we got there. After getting a bottle all set, she decided that it was time to eat. As I am feeding her the bottle, Peachy announces that it is time to go potty. She heads into the bathroom and begins the pooping process. (Wow, two mentions of poop on my blog within two days. Sorry about that folks. This is my life.) Cream is done with her bottle. Peachy is in a clean diaper. We head down to the entryway to get bundled up to go. At this point I receive a text from my friends wondering if I a still coming. I look at the time. It is after 10 already. So much for being on time.
It is almost as if there is some sort of time vacuum around our house. When you need time the most it all of a sudden gets sucked right up before you even know it.

No comments: