Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July Headband: Sparkler

With two little girls, I like to take any excuse I can to create clothing for them. Most often these creations revolve around a holiday. I have had many ideas swirling around in my head with the upcoming 4th. This weekend I finished a headband for Peachy. Truth be told, she isn't real sure about it. No problem, because if she doesn't want to wear it on Wednesday, I will!!
The headband started with a singed satin flower. You can Google it and will find many great tutorials. Essentially, you cut concentric shapes out of satin, singe the shapes with a candle or other heat source, assemble the shapes from largest to smallest, and away you go.
After completing the flower, I added some bling. The center is a button from Hobby Lobby with the shank cut off.
Then using a felt circle I attached the flower to a headband with a glue gun. I found a three pack of headbands in red, white, and blue at Forever 21 recently for $2.50. Score!
I hope to share Cream's headband with you tomorrow and the girls' complete outfits on Wednesday, so stay tuned for more patriotic goodness. I am linking to these wonderful parties this week.
Today's Creative Blog
Making the World Cuter
The Sweet Talk Shop














5 comments:

Emily said...

Adorable!!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Found you via Skip to My Lou link party. I wish my little one wore headbands~ this is so cute!

Melanie
Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts
www.bearrabbitbear.com
It's Christmas in July @ Bear Rabbit Bear Crafts! This week, enter to win a Crafter's Prize Pack!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Very cute! Simple and sweet. I hope you will add this to my Patriotic Project Parade.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Very cute! Love the flower.

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

I love this headband! So adorable! Would love for you to link up to the Pomp Party!

http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com/2012/07/pomp-party-25.html