Thursday, August 30, 2012

Like a Kid in a Candy Store

When we get special treats like from parades and parties, we put them in a giant Ziplock bag and tuck it away.

 If Peachy asks for one at an appropriate time, she can have one, but no more than one a day. I figure it lets her have her candy, but limits the amount. And allows me to determine when she has some. (And also allows me to snitch as much as I want. :o)
And she has to think of it. It isn't just out in the open.
She is funny about her choices too, she makes sure to think through what piece she is going to choose. The other day she had the bag out and was pouring over her decision. She ended up with a sucker.
How do you handle special treats at your house?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's a great idea! I have to remember that.

I already do that with new toys. I put most of them in the basement and pull one out every month or two so they're new and special. I think it's more fun that way!