Monday, November 26, 2012

Its Beginning To Look . . .

a bit like Christmas!
 Since we are usually gone over Thanksgiving, it is hard to get Christmas up right away. A certain little three year old has been asking since our drive home last night when we would be decorating for Christmas. So, after getting some of the unpacking done today and getting the house a bit picked up, I conceded in putting up a few items.
Since I had all of the pieces to make the candle centerpiece I blogged about here, I got to work. After ten minuted I had a new Christmas centerpiece. I added one of my favorite table runners from my mom, re-did the chalkboard, and we had an instant touch of Christmas in our dining area.
 (I love the idea of decorating the end of our table. Mr. Cherry was just discussing with me his disdain for decorated tables as they have to be cleaned off before every meal. This way, I can leave the table decorated all season long without having to worry about clearing it everyday.)
While it may not clearly be about entertaining, I think I will still link up to Kim's Dare to DIY . . . Entertain. At least it is a better entry than I had a few years ago.

4 comments:

K @ Shift Ctrl ART said...

I really like the greenery you added to the hurricane. Makes it look really festive :)

Lisa said...

You got that song in my head now! I opened your blog, went to do something at work, and then realized I still had the song in my head! I love the idea of the chalkboard with a message that can be changed out for different holidays and occasions too...unless the kids want to draw on it!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I think tihs looks so pretty. I love the chalkboard art and the table looks downright festive. I'm also loving the idea of having the centerpiece on the end. So practical. I may or may not move my stuff every night when we eat so it doesn't get dirty. Yes. I'm that person.

I love that you were begged for Christmas from your sweet girl. A little one after my own heart.

michelle@decorandthedog said...

Very festive. The chalkboard art is great! Thanks for joining the Dare to DIY!