Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Peachy's First Art Class

In the midst of our busy August, Peachy was able to go to a three day art class for 3-5 year olds through park and rec.
The artist with her 3 main projects. The fish is a piece of cardboard with spackling (or as Peachy told us, wall fixing stuff), painted, and then decorated with sequins. The picture on her left is water color with crayon resist. And the picture on the right is water color on artist board with salt and glue added.
It was for one hour each of the days. Both Peachy and I would have liked for it to have been a bit longer, but having worked with 3 year olds, I can see why they kept it at one hour. She really enjoyed going each day. They did talk about some simple art concepts and worked on projects each day. One project had three steps, so they completed a different part each day. I really enjoyed the two park programs that Peachy was able to participate in this summer. I only wish there were some more coming up in the fall and winter. I guess that is the price you pay when you live in a cold climate.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun! I can see why you'd want more because she seems to have picked up on your art interests! Maybe you could contact the park and see if they would do more of them.

We have several here, I sign up, and then they get cancelled because of low attendance. For the fall, I signed up for 4 so I'm hoping at least 1 won't be cancelled!

Emily @ imperfect said...

Awesome!I think that's the perfect foray into a class for a kid that age. What a fun opportunity!