Friday, September 27, 2013

Foodie Friday: Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


And the pumpkin hits just keep on coming! I can't get enough, I tell you! I recently made a different batch of pumpkin baked oatmeal and it was okay. (It may have had something to do with the fact that it was a clean eating recipe. I just don't think that clean eating and I get along. :o) This recipe, however, is really good. Like cake for breakfast good. And I am all for legalizing sweets for breakfast.
If you have never had baked oatmeal before, here is the beauty in it. You can make it up ahead and time and just toss it in the oven when you are ready to bake the next morning. It is kind of like a coffee cake, but with much less hassle and work. Since I had leftovers, I just have been heating up portions every morning in the microwave.

Head on over to Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom and get the Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal recipe. (That is if you like pumpkin and sweets for breakfast.) Oh, and I just served mine with milk instead of the whipped cream. I may like sweets for breakfast, but I do have to draw the line somewhere. If nothing else than for my figure. You know, my 20 weeks pregnant figure.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Haha, I just saw her recipe the other day and commented about how it looked like dessert for breakfast! It can't be any worse than Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, right? Looks so good!