Tuesday, September 30, 2008

$2.12

First of all, sorry for the little absence. M's parents were here over the weekend and then I was sick with some sort of bug. I seem to be on the mend now. But don't worry, I am still milking it for all that it is worth. (Lazy afternoons spent in bed with books to read and television to stream.)
One of the unfortunate things of running your own preschool is that when you are sick, a sick day is not really in the cards. By the time noon hit, I was done. Good thing that I only teach in the mornings. I knew I really needed some o.j., but couldn't get up the energy to even think about hitting a grocery store on the way home. But, McDonald's is right on the way and has a convenient thing called a drive-thru! (Unfortunately, this is the same MacDonald's that I was so appalled with the last time I visited. I traded in all of my morals for a large glass of o.j. and stopped there anyway.)
As I waited in line I realized I had no cash on me. Now, I know that you can use your debit card just about anywhere these days, but I really didn't want to go there for a glass of orange juice. I checked the little compartment where we toss lose change in the car. Nada. I checked my coin purse. I had a large amount of quarters, a dime, and two pennies. As I looked at the menu, I realized a large o.j. should ring up at $2.12 with tax. And that is just what I had. $2.12. Not a penny more, not a penny less.
I made my way home with large o.j. in hand and snuggled into bed under our huge down comforter for an afternoon of recovery. There are some days where you can just feel God smiling down upon you.

No comments: