Friday, September 12, 2008

Foodie Friday: Chicken Salad

M and I are off to enjoy what could well be one of the last summery days around here. We were going to take one last camping trip for the summer, but with a busy schedule we are now just heading to a state park for the afternoon. (Our weekends start early around here as we both have Friday afternoons off.)

We are currently preparing a yummy picnic supper to be enjoyed in the park. M is cooking up some cut chicken breasts that we will make into chicken salad for sandwiches. (A little Bowl of Cherrys tip: We always add a splash of whatever clear liquor we have on hand when cooking chicken. This makes for really tender chicken.) The celery and onions are already chopped. (Now, if I were the only one eating this, I would add some cubed white cheese, but since I will have to share with M, we will go sans cheese on this one.) Then we mix the chicken, celery, onions, mustard, mayo, and a little bit of dill pickle juice. The picnic cooler will also be filled with apple slices and pita chips. I'll see if I can't nab a few shots of the actual picnic.

No comments: