Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Miley Mania

I don't think that I stand alone when I say this. (If I do, please just leave me in the dark. I would really rather not know.) Okay, so here it goes . . . I don't get the whole Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus hysteria. Phew, that feels good.
I don't understand why a whole section of my local department store has been taken over completely by HM/MC merchandise. (The women's clothing department no less. That hurts.)
I don't understand why prepubescent girls scream at the mere mention of the HM/MC name.
And finally, today, the last straw has been dealt. Today one of my preschoolers who can't pick her name out from the class list, who won't listen to me until I say something for the third or fourth time, who is usually off in her own little world, this little preschooler shows me her shoes and points out that on one side is Hannah Montana and on the other is Miley Cyrus. You. Have. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me.
One question, what ever happened to Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sooooo with you on this issue...that's all I can say. Oh yeah...I now subscribe to your blog...

Kristi said...

Glad to hear I am not the only one. I am starting to feel a bit old. Miley might be this generation's Beatles. Oh, that is going way to far. :o)