Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Good Start

As promised, here is a little more detail on the craft nook planning process. I sat down Saturday with a tape measure and graph paper and made a rough sketch of what I wanted in my craft nook. After going over the plans with M and discussing their feasibility, we headed out to Menards and Lowes to see and price materials.

M then sat down and used a computer program to take the "rough" out of my sketches. This is what he came up with:


I am a visual person and love the fact that M has the talent and knowledge to sit down and draw up such great plans. It really helps me to see any changes that I might want to make and how this project will turn out.

The laminate shelving is on sale at Menards through the end of the month, so that may help give us the kick in the pants we need to actually get this project off of paper and into our lower level.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

What a handy husband you have. I can't wait to check it out when we come see you guys next. Your home will look so different compared to our last visit. Happy building.