Friday, April 10, 2009

Foodie Friday: Salsa Stuffed Chicken


I had made some homemade salsa this past week. We liked it, but it was a bit strong. I decided to try baking it to tame the flavor done a bit. So, I present to you, Salsa Stuffed Chicken. (This was the perfect amount for two servings. We had it with Spanish rice.)
-1 whole boneless skinless chicken breast, butterflied
-1 cup salsa (the homemade worked well because it was chunky)
-seasoning
Spoon salsa into opened chicken breast. Fold top over and season. (I used season salt, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder.) Place in baking dish and cover with foil. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 -45 minutes, until done. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
This was delicious. You could serve it topped with cheese or sour cream, but it really was good on its own.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Mmm..I love stuffed chicken breasts, I'll have to add this to the upcoming menu!