Tuesday, November 17, 2009

C-Y-O: Baby Leg Warmers

I love how Little Peachy looks in leg warmers. WAY TOO CUTE!! The little bit of chunky thigh sticking out of the top and the bare piggies on the bottom. Love, love, love. I had purchased this pair at Target earlier this season.


(You didn't think I would just post a picture of the leg warmers, did you? I had to have my model show them off!)

Recently I stumbled across an online tutorial on how to make your own using women's socks. I couldn't wait to try it. I picked up a three pack of dress socks in the women's department for $5. (This makes for quite the savings as most baby leg warmers are well over $5 for one pair.)
I had Peachy wear them in her 6 month pictures with a onesie I decorated for her.

(She wouldn't crack out the full face smile while we were at the portrait studio, but as soon as we got home she was flashing the gums all over.)

Since I didn't take pictures as I was sewing them (I was in a hurry to get them done in time for the pictures.) Here is the link to the tutorial I used.
Now I am on the lookout for inexpensive, but cute socks to convert into baby leg warmers. (In fact, I just picked up six pairs of socks for $5 that match some of the other onesies I decorated!!) Oh no, I sense a new sewing addiction in the making.

1 comment:

SAB said...

So cute. I love the fabric on the onsie. I used the same thing on a stuffed animal for my nephew earlier this year, and am thinking of using it again for our soon-to-be baby's nursery!!!