Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Sweet Escape











Little Peachy and I were recently able to take a little road trip. Just the two of us. My shoulder got a bit sore from reaching back in the car to find and insert her pacifier and there were a few stretches of road where her crying drowned out the road noise, but all in all it went pretty well. We were able to get together with my dear sister-in-law and her three kids at our in-laws' house. Each of us made the trip sans husbands. This might seem a bit unusual to you. Why would we go to our in-laws' without our spouses. In our family, it is not unusual at all. I am blessed with a wonderful relationship with my husband's parents and enjoy visiting with them. All of the old in-law jokes are lost on us. We were also able to stop in and see my parents. (I think they would disown me if their granddaughter were only two hours away and they didn't get to see her. :o)

No comments: