Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Homemade Christmas Gift #5


We exchange names on M's side of the family for Christmas. This year I just happened to get my sister-in-law and best friend, Jenny. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to get for her until she casually mentioned on a shopping trip that she would like some new baking pans. I bought her the baking pans and some other baking goods to go along with them. I also decided that Jenny needed a new apron for all of her cooking and baking. The pattern that I bought was for a retro full apron. I found the perfect fabric to make it out of at Jo-Ann Fabrics. It was a little more complicated than I anticipated, but I was able to finish it the day before we left. I am sure that Jenny will use her apron while she creates many wonderful meals and treats!

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

I LOVE my apron! It's been used many times already and I even wore it to school where I cook hot lunch on Fridays last week. The baking pans were perfect for Lydia's birthday cake which I need get around to blogging about sometime. Thank you my dear, dear sister-friend.

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

The apron is really adorable. And, I love that it's actually useful. The apron I made was only covering my bottom half, and most of my spills and stuff happen on my shirt. =) Very cute!