Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Homemade Christmas Gift #6: Pieced Scarf

Since we are nearing the end of winter (if I say that enough spring will surely come, right?), I decided I had better finish up my Christmas gift posts.
I made three of these pieced scarves. Two for gifts to others and one for a gift to myself. I would really like to make a tutorial for these at some point, but I will not make any promises. If you really would like the pattern, I can make arrangements. (My mom created a pattern to sell at the quilt shop that she works at.)
I pieced the top out of five pieces of fabric. Since I used a fleece for the back, I decided not to add any batting. I also decided against quilting the layers together and instead top stitched 1/4 of an inch away from the edge.

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This scarf is AWESOME. Love the fabrics and the piecework. =)

Jami said...

Oooh! This is cute! I made a fleece-backed scarf last year, but your piecing is really making me want to do another one. And yes! What a great gift!