Friday, April 9, 2010

Foodie Friday: Cheese Burger Roll-Up

I keep thinking of the song "Cheeseburger In Paradise" as I write this. (You're welcome for getting the lyrics stuck in your head as well!!)
This recipe is adapted form a KraftFoods.com recipe. (Were you as sad as I was when they started charging for their magazine? I just won't pay for something that used to be free and is really one big ad. At least they don't charge for their website.)

Ingredients:
-1/2 pound ground sausage, cooked (We had this in the fridge and it needed to be used, otherwise I would have used ground beef.)
-1 c shredded cheese
-4 T dill pickle relish
-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
-ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce for dipping

Directions:
1. Roll pizza dough into about an 8 x 12 inch rectangle.
2. Sprinkle with meat, cheese, and relish.
3. Roll dough and toppings into a loaf.
4. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. (I covered mine about halfway through when the top was golden brown. That way the middle could continue cooking without burning the top.)
5. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Cut and serve with dipping sauces of your choice.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

wow, this looks great, something my family would like. i wonder if you could make individual "pockets" too. thanks!