Friday, May 28, 2010

Foodie Friday: Cake Balls


I know that cake balls and pops are nothing new to the blogging world, but thought that I would share the two batches I made with you anyway. (Not literally share, though. I have shared many already and need the rest for the weekend. You're on your own if you literally want some.)
Ingredients:
1 box cake mix (and the ingredients it requires) (I used funfetti for the white and chocolate for the chocolate)
1 tub frosting (White for the white and chocolate for the chocolate)
melting chocolate (I used Candy Quick for most of these, but also used some almond bark)
sprinkles (I found the red, white, and blue sprinkles at the Target Dollar Spot)


Directions: (You can also find excellent directions over at Bakerella)
1. Mix and bake cake according to box directions in a 9x13 inch pan.
2. Allow cake to thoroughly cool.
3. Crumble cake into a large bowl.
4. Stir in tub of frosting. (It really is easiest to just use your hands for this.)
5. Form balls with the cake/frosting mixture. (I used my cookie scoop to get the ball started and then finished it off with my hands.)
6. Place the balls on a parchment covered baking sheet and freeze overnight.
7. The next day, melt your chocolate however you prefer. (I use the microwave for small batches.)
8. Dip each ball in the chocolate. Before the chocolate hardens, top with sprinkles.
9. Allow to harden and refrigerate until use.
10. As long as you are dipping the cake balls, you may as well dip some strawberries as well.

I am linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm. I love the red-white-and-blue ones. I'm thinking these will make the 4th of July menu.

Kimberly said...

Ah! Give me an entire plate of those, please! :)