Friday, June 18, 2010

Foodie Friday: Rich and Decadent

I don't know what put the idea in my head, but it all started with trying to come up with a dessert that I could make and add fresh strawberries to. As I looked through cookbooks, recipes were ruled out one by one. I either didn't have the time or the ingredients. Finally I decided to try my hand at crepes. I always had this notion that crepes were an unobtainable goal. Here's the truth, they really aren't that hard at all. They are just a little putsy.
Anyway back to the dessert. I couldn't just have crepes and strawberries (remember the title of this post?) I need a little wow factor. I found that wow in some chocolate genache. (Bakerrella, bless your little heart for introducing me to this confectionery delight. Mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm.)
So, yeah, in the end we had a short stack of crepes with each layer slathered in genache and topped with strawberries. (Now if only I had some cream for whipping.) Oh, and you can't forget the light dusting of powdered sugar on top.
Yeah, Mr Cherry and I didn't even finish it, but boy what we did it was deliciousness.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks delicious! I havn't made or ate crepes in awhile. I just learned about a crepe restaurant in my area though, hopefully will get to check it out one of these days.