Friday, July 23, 2010

Foodie Friday: Strawberry Spinach Salad

Have you had the pleasure of meeting Emily of One Lovely Life? Well, I haven't either, but I do read her blog and feel as if we could be BFFs if we ever were to meet in real life. Her recipes look delicious! With the lettuce jungle in our garden I couldn't wait to try her Strawberry Salad with Tangy Dressing. And boy, was I happy I did!
Ingredients:
Salad
-spinach (I used a mixture of lettuce and spinach from our garden)
-sliced strawberries
-sliced onions
-diced and cooked chicken breast
-candied walnuts
Dressing
-1/3c sugar
3/4 t salt
1 t dry mustard powder
1 T poppy seeds
1/3c balsamic vinegar
1/4c canola oil

Directions:
1. Toss salad ingredients in large bowl.
2. Combine dry dressing ingredients in medium bowl. Add the vinegar and oil. Blend with an immersion blender until well mixed.
3. Add desired amount of dressing to the salad. (Store any unused dressing in the fridge for two weeks.)



No comments: