Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

I have made many crayon rolls over the past couples of years. While there is something to be said for making the same pattern over and over, in the end, you are making the same pattern over and over. In an effort to spice things up around here, I started to change things up a little bit.
Here is one of my original crayon rolls:

Here is a crayon roll I recently made. It is almost the same, but I decided to add some ric-rac trim. (You know I love me some ric-rac.)
Then I decided to try the ric-rac with some beautiful fall fabrics.
And since Little Peachy has her own crayons now, I decided to make a special roll to accommodate her bigger washable crayons.
And finally, why limit the fun to only crayons? Here is a roll I made for colored pencils.
I am sure these will not be the last of my roll creations, after all, I am on a roll. :)
All of these rolls are currently for sale at my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw one the other day for crochet hooks and thought I might have to make one for all of mine. I'd have to make it with rick-rack though, I love rick-rack. :o)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I have only made one for colored pencils, but I love how it turned out. I love the ones with ric rac, I think I should try that.