Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tutorial Tuesday: Swing Coat Sew Along

Have you noticed the cute little Swing Coat button on the right side of my blog?
I decided to join the From an Igloo Swing Coat Sew A Long. I purchased the Peter Pan Collar Swing Coat pattern from Dear My Kids on Etsy.
chose a orange boucle for the outside of the coat, a muted color cotton print for the inside, and a brown corduroy for the collar.
While I am happy with the end results, I did have some frustrations before I reached the end.
It is always hard to know whether it is the pattern or user error,
but it is always frustrating to think you are doing everything right and find out that things don't quite match up.
This photo shoot went a little better than the last one.
It is helpful to head to the park and have the fall colors as a backdrop.


Photobucket



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this coat! Peachy is definitely ready for Fall in this coat, its so cute! (Does it come in my size?!)

Jessie K said...

I love swing coats! Thanks for sharing!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

This is ADORABLE. You are so super talented, I am just always impressed. Love the color and the fabric on the sleeve roll-up. Just a great detail.

Anonymous said...

Once in a while reviews that offer genuine is going to be
tough to rely on although there’s loads of applicable plus valuable suggestions below.

People who submit this info need to be thanked.
Here is my web site - Genital Warts Cream