Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sing a Majigs

Have you seen these furry little critters yet? Or better question, have you heard them yet? The latest Parents magazine and Family Fun magazine have them rated as some of the year's hottest toys and oddly enough I can see why. For some strange reason, I find myself attracted to these colorful creatures. And just looking at them isn't enough. When I see Sing a Majigs in stores I have to squeeze their bellies only to be rewarded with an oddly grating, yet secretly fun sound. And it goes way beyond the fact that their mouths move as if to form the sounds. On one setting, if you squeeze multiple Sing a Majigs, they harmonize! (For some odd reason this is extra fun for me. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am a dyed in the wool Lutheran?!!) I am guessing that if this toy were to make an appearance in your home and be played with by little hands for longer than ten minutes you would go slightly crazy. However, if one is only subjected to them briefly, say at a store, they really are fun.
Have your ears been blessed by the melodious sounds of the Sing a Majigs yet? What's your verdict?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Clara's got these on her Christmas list. I'm ready for some fun! Although after the first few hours I'll probably want to hide them.

Emily said...

I've never heard of them! I'll be on the lookout just to squeeze their bellies now, though.