Friday, December 10, 2010

Foodie Friday: BLT Roll Ups

I am a lover of recipes. I have an entire shelf in a closet devoted to recipe books. I have pages and pages of recipes torn from magazines. Even with all of these resources, I still love to scour the internet for new recipes to add to my collection. My Google recipe tab is overflowing with items I have stared. And then recently I found Tasty Kitchen. And what a find it was. A recipe site created by Ree Drummond? Sign me up!!! So, now added to the thousands of other recipes I have in my possession, I also have a recipe box of saved goodness on the Tasty Kitchen site.
I started with the BLT Quesadilla Wrap. We love quesadillas here and we love BLTs. So I pretty much knew this recipe was going to be a hit. It is still in my recipe box and once I make my way through all of the other recipes, I will be making this one again. :o)

Ingredients:

1 whole Flour Tortilla
¼ cups Shredded Cheese
3 slices Bacon, Cooked And Chopped In Half
3 slices Roma Tomato, About 1/8-inch Thick
¼ cups Salad Greens Or Fresh Baby Spinach
1 Tablespoon Ranch Dressing Or Mayonnaise


Directions:

1. Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add butter to skillet and allow to melt. Lay the tortilla in the skillet and add cheese and bacon to the tortilla. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until the tortilla is somewhat crisp.
Transfer quesadilla to a plate. Lay the tomato slices and spinach leaves down the middle. Drizzle a little ranch dressing over top, then beginning at one side, tightly roll up the tortilla.
Makes one wrap.

No comments: