Friday, June 3, 2011

Foodie Friday: Berry, Berry Banana Bread

After seeing this recipe on The Idea Room and having all of the ingredients on hand, Peachy and I gave it a whirl on Monday. I am sorry to say that it is so good that it is almost all gone. :o( Next time I will I have to make a double batch.

Berry, Berry Banana Bread
Ingredients
1 3/4 c. flour 

2/3 c. sugar 
2 tsp. baking powder 
1/2 tsp. baking soda 
1/4 tsp salt

1 c. mashed bananas (2-3 medium bananas) 

1/3 c. butter 
2 T. milk 
2 eggs 
1/4 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 c. frozen mixed berries

Directions:
In large mixer combine sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add mashed bananas, butter, and milk. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Add eggs and flour. Beat until blended. Add nuts and berries 
Pour batter into a greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.

Makes one loaf.
I am linking to:

1 comment:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

My kiddos would love this (well, the ones that weren't allergic to it). Sounds like a great recipe.