Friday, August 26, 2011

Foodie Friday: Taco Pizza


I love the Pioneer Woman. I love her writing style. I love her down-to-earth attitude. And I LOVE her recipes. I saw her taco pizza recipe and my heart was hers. I have made this pizza two times and it was like falling in love all over again. (Although I think this time may have won out because I was able to use lettuce, tomatoes, and cilantro from our garden!!) Thanks, PW, I love you!

Taco Pizza ala Ree
Ingredients

  • 1 batch crust (Instead of using PW's crust recipe, I went with my old stand by.)
  • 1 can (14 Ounce) Black Beans
  • 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning (prepared, Or Make Your Own)
  • 1 bag tortilla strips (Instead of frying my own tortilla strips, I bought mine in the salad section of the grocery store.)
  • 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar
  • 1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
  • 1 head Green Leaf Lettuce, Sliced/shredded Thin
  • 2 whole Ripe Tomatoes, Diced
  • ½ cups Cilantro Leaves
  • Spicy ranch dressing (Ree makes her own sauce with sour cream and hot sauce. We have this dressing on hand, so this is what  I used.)

  • Directions
  • Make dough according to directions.
    Pour black beans into a saucepan. Add seasonings to taste and heat up beans over medium-low heat. Use a potato masher to mash the beans to desired texture. Continue cooking/heating beans over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until no longer runny (should be the texture of refried beans.) Set aside.
    Place oven rack in the bottom position in the oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
    With hands, spread pizza dough on an oiled baking sheet, making sure it’s relatively thin. Spread layer of refried beans all over pizza crust. Sprinkle mixed grated cheeses over the top. Place pan in the oven (in the bottom half of the oven) and bake for 9 to 12 minutes. Watch it to make sure crust doesn’t burn.
    Remove pizza from oven. Sprinkle on shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and cilantro leaves.
    Drizzle pizza with ranch.
    Sprinkle with tortilla strips. Cut into squares and serve immediately with good quality salsa.

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Yum! I've never made taco pizza, but I love it from our local Happy Joes. ;) May have to try that.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate, thanks, I will recommend your site to my friends.

My blog:
preisvergleich dsl anbieter www.dslvergleichdsl.com