Friday, March 8, 2013

Foodie Friday: St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Cupcakes

I have a bit of Scotch Irish blood running through my veins and every year at this time I use that as an excuse to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. It is, after all, honoring my heritage! I came across this fun St. Patrick's Day treat on the blog Hoosier Homemade and decided to give it a whirl. You can jump over there for the exact directions, but it is a fairly simple process. Make cupcake batter, separate it into six different bowls, tint each bowl with a different rainbow color, bake, frost and decorate.
Rather than make the yellow Jello, I decided to make some big cupcakes and frost them as clouds. I also found some great gold mini cupcake liners on Amazon to finish off the look.

1 comment:

Sara said...

We just made rainbow cupcakes for my baby's birthday. But we made plain cake and colored the frosting. Such a fun idea!