Tuesday, June 25, 2013

8 Years of Wedded Bliss


On this date 8 years ago, Mr. Cherry and I became husband and wife in front of our family and friends, but more importantly in front of our Lord. Looking back, it is so hard to believe that it has been 8 years. (And throw in one year of dating, one year of being engaged, and that makes 10 years of being a couple.) And then I look around and see that it has indeed been ten years. We now own a house. We now have two beautiful children. We now own a minivan!! I really can't imagine my life without this man by my side.

Have the 8 years always been easy? By no means! As with any relationship we have had our good times and bad times. There was the time in our first year of marriage that I was found sobbing behind the La-Z-Boy in our living room. (Don't worry, it sounds much more dramatic than it really was.) There have been times that I have had to confess my short comings to the man I respect the most in my life. There have been crabby days where we just don't see eye to eye and really don't care to.

But you know what? For each of those bad moments there have been moments of joy and happiness. Moments of just plain being 100% at ease and comfortable around each other. And those good time far outweigh any of the bad ones. I really can't believe all that the Lord has blessed us with in these last 10 years. I can remember that days when I was single and living on my own and I would pray that the Lord would send a God-fearing man into my life. And the Lord answered my prayers at just the right time with just the right man.

I write this with happiness in my heart and excitement for the days that lie ahead on our road together.
My favorite picture of the entire day! My hottie, the happy husband!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary to you both!

Anonymous said...

I love this post.