Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New Purse: Go Anywhere Bag by Noodlehead


While shopping at our warehouse fabric store recently (which is closing, by the way!!!! So so sad.) I came across these green quilt weight fabrics that I just couldn't leave behind. I didn't have a project in mind, but knew one would come to me. And it did! I decided to make up Noodlehead's Go Anywhere Bag. I have made one of Noodlehead's patterns in the past and found it to be a great e-pattern and the Go Anywhere didn't disappoint. I did make a few modifications. I repeated the divided pockets from the front on the back. (For me, I knew that more pockets would be better than the one large one.)
I also decided to add a zipper. (It is just a way of life with two kiddos that my bag doesn't always get placed right side up. A zipper closure ensures I am not scrambling all over the Target parking lot trying to find various items from my purse.) I also added a key clip, as I hate digging to the bottom of my bags trying to find my keys. I ended up making the handles with webbing wrapped int he quilt weight fabric. (An idea I grabbed from the Noodlehead Divided Basket pattern.) In addition to the quilt weight fabric I used a chambray and a mid-weight denim that I already had on hand.
I love how the chambray looks with the accent fabrics and the denim lining adds a nice weight to the entire bag. This bag has a great sized interior and the addition of the six pockets on the outside work well for sippies, sunglasses, and other odds and ends. I am loving it.

No comments: