Friday, December 6, 2013

Hustle and Bustle


 Sorry, no Foodie Friday today. While we have been eating here, it has consisted of delivered pizza (a stroke of genius on my part, finding a 50% off deal on Cyber Monday), spaghetti, quesadillas, tomato soup and grilled cheese, chicken salad. You know, the things that are easy to throw together quickly.

I have been enjoying keeping busy with orders for kiki b omi and other fun activities. And some not so fun ones, like dentist appointments and kiddos with colds.

I decided to put some of my items in an awesome holiday pop up shop here. I am hoping to stop in one of these days and visit. Maybe I will see if I can grab some pics to share. So, before Thanksgiving I was working on that.

Now I am working on some super hero orders and other custom orders. Then I am hoping to get some crayon rolls and mini caddies made up to stock my Etsy shop.

After I have taken care of business I have some fun presents to work on and Christmas clothes for the girls. I am going to be keeping that sewing machine humming.

And we don't even have any Christmas decorations up! Can't wait to trim the tree and deck the halls.

I truly love this time of year. All of the outlets for my creativity. However, I need to remember what is truly important. First of all, the reason for all of this, the babe in the manger, the Christ Child. Hearing the girls sing Christmas songs and helping the Sunday school children prepare for their service is truly humbling. And of secondly, spending time with those near and dear. That is probably the best present you can give anyone (even yourself!)

I hope you are finding some time to relax and focus on these blessings, too.
(PS The darling pictures were taken by my friend, Tina! Aren't they so sweet?! With the shenanigans the girls were pulling that day, I can't believe she got so many great shots.)

2 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

These pictures are adorable!!! What cutie pies you have!

Lisa said...

These pictures! ADORABLE! I can't stop smiling at them!